Machaon International works closely with many protected areas, NGOs, various government and municipality authorities in various countries of Europe. Our specific expertise is in the organization of study tours and international exchange for staff of protected areas. We have organized over 30 study tours to the following countries – Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. We are able to help with identification of suitable partners and organize customized study tours linked with protected areas and sustainable development. Usual duration of our training programme is 5 days and further 2 days are used by participants for arrival and departure/free programme.
Main topics of our study-tours are:
- Environmental education and ecological tourism in protected areas
- Traditional architecture and cultural landscape conservation
- Linking nature, art and culture – how art can support protected areas
- Biodiversity conservation – examples of leading protected areas
- Innovative approaches in rural development
You may be interested to explore some successful study tours organized by Machaon International below.