In this terrible and tragic situation we have joined efforts and provide help to Ukrainian refugees. Thousands of unfortunate, frightened people came to Zakarpatie in the West Ukraine and to the High Tatras region in Slovakia.
In the Tatra region of Slovakia, we created a coordination council of representatives of non-profit organizations and the Slovak Paradise National Park – the first park in Slovakia which responded to this tragic situation and offered help. We cannot wait for aid from the state or European Union, we need to help these people immediately. Our adhoc partnership consists of NGOs Association for Nature conservation “Machaon International”, Tourism Association of High Tatras region, Tatra Parliament, TraverseHelp and Target school for providing food, medical supplies, transport or adaptation H for refugees.
We want to help both 1500 refugees came to our region and also to our colleagues NGO Happy Kids (Uzhgorod, in normal life they do environmental education and creative activities for children, now providing lodging and food for more than 150 people).
Thanks your support we already done:
- Created call-center in order to provide assistance 1500 refugees lodged in our region (now operated by Charitas);
- Helped with long-term accommodation to more than 700 refugees in private houses and hotels;
- Organised courses of Slovak language for more than 330 people;
- Provided humanitarian aid (first of all food for children in our region and Zakarpatie) for more than 60 000 EUR;
- Organised assistance with employment for more than 150 people;
- Organised the transportation of 500 mothers and babies from the Ukrainian border to accommodation facilities and humanitarian aid transfer in the region;
- Organised leisure activities (Children’s Day for more than 180 people, the Green Treasures Carpathian camp for17 children, 10+ trips to the Tatras and Slovak Paradise for more than 100 refugees, cultural events for more than 250 people, sports and creative activities for more than 100 children(video and photo are here)
We are very grateful for support of
and persons Marcel Silvius, Herbert Wolger, Karoline Scheb, Almut Arneth, Robert Pazur, Niko Malazonia, Katerina and Nikita Kozerchuk, Peter Prokosch, Tatyana Minaeva, Ing Knudsen, Vladislav Valko, Oliver Aust, Jorg Boese, Alois Lang, Paul Goriup, Jan Toporcer, Christoph Zockler, Steve Piragis, Milos Olsav, David Točka, Mária Ondošová, Pavol Veselovský, Tomáš Štěpán, Martin Krasňanský, Julius a Silvia Mraz, Miriam Bickova, Pavel Jackovič, Petra Červenková, Eliška Mamdaniova, Ondrej Cevan, Ľubica Trubíniová, Mária Skoncová, Martin Svočákfor, Petra Pokornikova, Monika and Juraj Doroshenko for donations and buying food for children in total sum about 7000 EUR!
Special thanks to Andrea Reynolds, Drahoslava Modric-Webb for the support of the organisation of the summer camp for teenagers in sum of 1500 EUR!