Tatras help Ukraine
In this terrible and tragic situation we have joined efforts and provide help to Ukrainian refugees. Thousands of unfortunate, frightened people came to Zakarpatie in the West Ukraine and to the High Tatras region in Slovakia.
In the Tatra region of Slovakia, we created in 2022 a coordination council of representatives of non-profit organizations and the Slovak Paradise National Park – the first park in Slovakia which responded to this tragic situation and offered help. We could not wait for aid from the state or European Union, we needed to help these people immediately. In 2023, we concentrated our efforts to social and cultural integration of refugees to Slovak society.
Our adhoc partnership consists of NGOs Association for Nature conservation “Machaon International”, Tourism Association of High Tatras region, Tatra Parliament, TraverseHelp and Slovak-Ukrainian HUB for providing food, medical supplies, transport or adaptation activities for refugees.
We want to help to more 1500 refugees stay in our Tatra region.
Thanks your support we already done in 2022 and 2023:
- Created call-center in order to provide assistance 1500 refugees lodged in our region (now operated by Charitas);
- Helped with long-term accommodation to more than 700 refugees in private houses and hotels;
- Organised courses of Slovak language for more than 330 people;
- Provided humanitarian aid (first of all food for children in our region and Zakarpatie) for more than 60 000 EUR;
- Organised assistance with employment for more than 150 people;
- Organised the transportation of 500 mothers and babies from the Ukrainian border to accommodation facilities and humanitarian aid transfer in the region;
- Organised cultural integration activities (2x Children’s Day for more than 250 people, 4 creative camps for 60+ children, 30+ trips to the Tatras and Slovak Paradise for more than 400 refugees, 20+ cultural events for more than 600 refugees, sports and creative activities for more than 300 children
- Organised 2 social and psychological rehabilitation programmes for 10 widows “Mountain Therapy”
Video of our cultural and sports events:
We are very grateful for support of
and persons Marcel Silvius, Herbert Wolger, Karoline Scheb, Almut Arneth, Robert Pazur, Niko Malazonia, Katerina and Nikita Kozerchuk, Peter Prokosch, Tatyana Minaeva, Ing Knudsen, Vladislav Valko, Oliver Aust, Jorg Boese, Alois Lang, Paul Goriup, Jan Toporcer, Christoph Zockler, Steve Piragis, Milos Olsav, David Točka, Mária Ondošová, Pavol Veselovský, Tomáš Štěpán, Martin Krasňanský, Julius a Silvia Mraz, Miriam Bickova, Pavel Jackovič, Petra Červenková, Eliška Mamdaniova, Ondrej Cevan, Ľubica Trubíniová, Mária Skoncová, Martin Svočákfor, Petra Pokornikova, Monika and Juraj Doroshenko for donations and buying food for children in total sum about 7000 EUR!
Special thanks to Andrea Reynolds, Drahoslava Modric-Webb for the support of the organisation of the summer camp for teenagers in sum of 1500 EUR!